Today is a very exciting day for me... I posted my first card as a Guest Design Team member for the StampShoppe on their blog!
Heidi, the owner of the StampShoppe had sent me the cute Tilda Holding a Lamb stamp, as well as some of the papers from Magnolia's new Hoppy Easter collection and some embellies.
The theme for this week is Spring Inspired/Pastel Colours, so of course I used the Tilda stamp and papers! I also used the little lamb of the Tilda as Shepherd stamp.... so cute!! I made the lambs look really cuddly and fuzzy, using Liquid Applique and Fun Flock. I've had these in my stack for years now, but never really used it... thought it would be perfect for the little lambs :o)! If you wanna give it a try... first apply the Liquid Applique, sprinkle with the Fun Flock and tap of excess. Then it's best to let it dry for a while. When (almost) dry, heat with a heat gun; it makes the Liquid Applique POP! Be careful not to burn it, just keep watching closely!
If you want to play along with this week's challenge for your chance of winning 15% off your next order and a mystery prize (Canadians only), hop over to the StampShoppe blog for official rules, here.
Here's my card for this week:
It's an Easel card again (can't get enough of these!), so here's what it looks like when opened:
Some detail, to (hopefully) show you the Liquid Applique and Fun Flock:
Materials used:
Paper for stamping: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White #80
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, colored in with Copics (see picture above)
Stamps: Tilda carrying a Lamb and Tilda as Shepherd (only the lamb) from Magnolia's new Hoppy Easter collection 2010, and sentiment is from Close To My Heart
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned paper: Magnolia (Hoppy Easter collection)
Flower: gardenia from Magnolia
Pearls: Recollections from Michaels (pink) and Close To My Heart (white), and pearl floral spray from Michaels
Ribbon: Stampin'Up!
For the rest: natural raffia, Liquid Applique from Marvy Uchida, Fun Flock (cotton ball white) from Stampendous!
Tools: Spellbinders labels 1 Nestabilities dies, Spellbinders Fancy Tags die, Doily Lace border punch and leaf punch from Martha Stewart.
Well, I guess that's it for today.... I'll start cooking up some fun ideas for the rest of my Guest Design Team member period... Stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugz,
Irma
18 comments:
Beautiful! I love the little lambs they are adorable.
Super cute card! The fun flock on the lambs is just the perfect touch
Gorgeous! Love the layout and colors and I love how you added the liquid applique, great idea!
Hugs, Christine
Your card is beautiful along with your coloring. Love your furry little lambs. :-)Myrna
What a super sweet card. Love the layout.
Hi Irma...was a beautiful card! Your coloring is lovely...and I really like thf "fluffy" on the lambs! Great job!! Pat Frank
Really adorable card! I haven't gotten to ink mine up yet! This is just too cute!
hugs!
Sharon
Absolutley darling! You little lambs are so soft and fuzzy, really cute! Beautiful coloring and wonderful embellishments!
Irma your card is beautiful! Love your coloring of Tilda and the flocking on the lambs is adorable!
Oh your card is adorable.. Love the detail and love the lambs..Great job.
~Mary Beth
Oh I love your cuddly lambs!! Wonderfully coloured and beautiful papers. Gorgeous card :o)
Hugs, Candy
Gorgeous~!!
Leslie, absolutely beautiful!! I love this easel card so much!! And the flocking is such a great idea. I will have to try it.
XOXO
Jackie
Love your card. The lambs were so cute. Nicely done.
Angeluver2
Ohhh ist das wieder eine schöne Karte. Die Bastelfarben finde ich super.
Nadine
OMG, Irma! So ca-ute! Love the lambies!
It's such a darling card Irma and every little details are gorgeous :o)
Hugs,
Cabio
Wow! Your cards are so beautiful!!! I just found your amazing blog and had to leave a comment. You are very talented!!
Post a Comment