Create a Little Love

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Challenges

Hello my friends!

Yes, 2 blog posts in one day... and yes, I've been VERY busy! LOL!

One of the reasons I started this blog, is to be able to participate in challenges and I'm even hoping that maybe one day, I'll be chosen to join a design team (hey, a girl can dream, right?).

Soooooo, here's the card I made today... I'm entering it in the February Challenge at my favorite Canadian online store, the Stamp Shoppe . The challenge is to create a card with a Magnolia stamp, Swedish style. You can read all about it here. The winner of the challenge will be invited to be the Guest DT member for the month of April! Now how cool would that be?! Like I said, a girl can dream :o)

Since I spent the whole day on making this card (yes, I know some of you are rolling your eyes now and can not believe I actually ENJOY spending this much time on ONE card... LOL!) I'm also entering it in this week's challenge over at Just Magnolia. For those of you who don't know... Just Magnolia is a fun challenge blog for all Magnolia stamps lovers!
I'm pretty sure it's safe for me to enter it here as well, as this is just a challenge blog, not a store, so I won't be violating any rules ;o).

Here it is, this type of card is called an "easel card"... and they're all the rage right now!
There's a great step-by-step tutorial on SplitcoastStampers, you can see it here. It looks far more complex to make than it actually is! Give it a try, you'll LOVE it!

Card closed:


 Card open:





A little more detail... and yes... I know the corner of the top left layer looks crooked!! Ugh! I fixed the dimensional tape after taking the pics :o) You know me... Little Miss Perfect... LOL!!


And the Copics I used:



Wish me luck!! :o)

Hugz,
Irma


24 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a darling card!

Liway said...

Beautiful Irma!!!! Love this card!! I love how you're adding links to your posts too!! Great job GF! I'd bet money that you'll get the GUEST DT SPOT!!! GOOOOO IRMA!!! :)

Candy said...

Good Luck Irma!
Your work is awesome. What a great card! Love your layout and embellishments!
Hugs, Candy

Patti Jo said...

Love all your detail work...the distressing, your coloring, flowers, papers!!! She is so cute sitting on the "O"! Fantastic card Irma!!!

Lori said...

Wow, Irma!!! You've got a GREAT start! I love your blog :D You will go a long way... Thanks for the inspiration - I STILL need to do an easel card - lol!
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Nancy said...

Best of luck to you Irma! Your card is gorgeous! Your coloring is beautiful and you have done a awesome job with your card!
Hugs,
Nancy

Tracey said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous card! Beautiful colouring!!

Regina said...

WOW Irma!!! You did an amazing job!!!! Love everything you did on your card. The papers are great, your coloring is fantastic and I also love this stamp.
Good luck!!!
Regina

Unknown said...

Adorable Irma ... you have done a great job, with the creations and your blog! Welcome to blogland! Hugs, Stephanie

Robin said...

Beautiful card. And congratulations on starting your blog. Can't wait to see more.

Christine Riley said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I'm so glad you created a blog, your work is gorgeous and so inspiring.
Hugs, Christine

Gina K said...

She is darling! Love the pearls, stitching and flower cluster. I really like how you set off the sentiment with the hearts and charm. Beautiful! Gina L

Patricia Garcia said...

Irma I sooo much love this card, the colors and your coloring is amazing. About time you set up your blog it's very inspiring, I can't wait to see more of your cards, good luck on the Guest DT spot!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Julie Case said...

What a fabulous card! Your coloring is beautiful and the papers and embellishments are just perfect. Your blog looks wonderful. Can't wait to visit again!
Julie

Deb said...

Very cute cards!

Donna C said...

Beautiful card Irma .... well worth the wait ! Good luck !

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, this is soooo beautiful!! I love it and your coloring is gorgeous! Fabulous work! hugs!

Jheffner said...

Great cards, and a wonderful blog! The blogging will get addicting...trust me on that one : )

Love how you colored your Tilda...just wonderful!

Jeanette said...

What a fantastic easel card! I love the papers that you have used as well as this beautifully colored Tilda! Thanks for joining in The Stamp Shoppe February challenge! Hugs Jeanette

Lisa P said...

You ROCK, Irma! No wonder I always wanna sit next to you. Keep hoping some of your talent will rub off on me! hehehehe

HUGS!

Suzanne J Dean said...

So sweet and I LOVE Tilda sitting on the letters--CUTE!

hugz,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

No puns intended but I LOVE how you sat Tilda on top of the word. You are so creative Irma! I love it! You just got yourself a new follower!
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Wow... absolutely stunning!! Your card is just beautiful in every way! Love it!! Thanks so much for joining in!

Heidi said...

Irma, you've done a beautiful job! I am certainly not rolling my eyes, I spend hours on my cards too (not that you'd ever know it to see them)but I find that colouring in the images is sometimes my favourite part LOL.... thanks for playing along this month.

Heidi